Sue Cubic wrote:

That's what's nice about TracFone. They buy space on all of the major companies' towers. You get coverage from whatever tower you're nearest.
I don't know how much I trust that. Tracfone won't show you a coverage map that you can zoom in on. I checked them out years ago when they did have a zoomable map and the coverage was spotty. All companies coverage looks good when you view the whole US. I know someone with a Tracfone and my Verizon has gotten better service, or service at all, when the Tracfone didn't. And if the system gets busy, I can't help wondering who would get dropped first