On Aug 29, 2009, at 12:23 PM, Jordan wrote:
This notebook has Leopard, but I did a migration from My iMac when I got it. I'm thinking of getting a fresh start with this hard drive with a clean custom install. So is the $30 version of Snow Leopard a complete OS, or would I have to install Leopard and then Snow?

The installer is an upgrade so it needs to see a previous OS, Leopard, or some people say Tiger works too. Reports are that it will work if you show it an older OS on an external drive and will then install a clean OS on the internal drive.