Do you have access to a computer from an official Dell outlet or such where you are? Here, you can get good machines from a local builder but very often not ... usually computers with "2nd drawer parts" and usually for the same "1st drawer" quality they will be more expensive than a mass produced computer from a good company like Dell.

Computers are cheap nowdays... your time and blood pressure level is not. I would recommend buying something good and off the shelf.

db

Marcio wrote:
I don´t know if you remember me... I discussed my Pentium 4 WindowsXP computer
that was giving me all kinds of problems. Slow. Suddenly going off... and many
more. I thought about re-installing XP on the topo of it, then I thought about
installing Vista on the top. Finally it went totally off and would not boot,
not even in the protected mode.

I sent it to the shop. They were going to start from zero with Windows Vista.
Then they called me to say that I should not do this becuase of many drivers.
They thought I should do it with the XP Professional.

Now they tell me that the Pentium 4 "has something wrong with it" because it
gets too hot. They tried it in another computer andit was the same thing. Well, I am now
in the market for a Pentium 4. But I am not sure if the problem is not the Mobo that I
bought from them to begin with...

They proposed building a totally new computer with the newest Intel chip
(Li?)... very expensive. I don´t need this. I think I am going to shop for a
Pentium 4 and see...

Thoughts?

Marcio