Marcio,

You are you own worst enemy!  ... but as you say you love it.

We all ... most of us anyway ... just wish you would do the easy and more inexpensive thing by leaving that boat anchor on the bottom where it now rests and belongs for all eternity and just get a computer off the shelf that is current and works.

That shop is your enabler as in ... a unhealthy codependent relationship.

But I guess if you got a Dell, we'd never hear from you again...

:)

When you come up and get that chip for your "Jones", pick up a Dell too at the same time ... for your computing.

db

Marcio wrote:
Sorry to take your time guys. As I said before, to some extent I enjoy computers and its vicissitudes... Talked with shop right now. I have a generic computer with an ASUS Mobo and a Pentium 4 (I believe 2.6). It was giving me all kinds of problems. It had Windows XP Pro and I have the Vista Upgrade.
They said that when they get the computer ON in AM the processor temperature
goes to 60 degrees but when they installed Vista the temperature went much
higher and the computer stopped. They said that the solution is a new Pentium 4
Chip which I just bought and will bring back to them in the end of the month (I
will be in Baltimore in September). I just want to see if the computer will
work with the new Pentium 4, and if they can install Windows Vista so that I
may upgrade when Windows 7 comes in. The guy said that they will do it...with
the new chip. I am concerned...

By the beginning of October I will give you all a follow up...

Many thanks

Marcio