On Sep 3, 2009, at 3:37 PM, Fred Holmes wrote:
Many moons ago, Adobe was promising "multiple masters" typefaces that had continuously variable weighting (or a large number of small increments, not just "regular" and "bold" weighting). I never saw it come to fruition. Are there any typefaces available for purchase / use with variable weighting? TT as well as PS? TT preferred, I guess. (Maybe high end Adobe products come with multiple masters? But I don't see the term used in advertising.)

MM was killed by M$. When Adobe and M$ got together to compromise on the Open Type format Adobe was told to knife the baby. A real shame. The ability to make small adjustments in type weight or width was a powerful design tool.