On Sep 6, 2009, at 5:06 PM, Jeff Wright wrote:
That food, which uses a mixed but largely free market system, is so cheap
and plentiful that even the poor can easily afford it, is lost on the
socialized medicine proponents.

Did you see the Time cover story about cheap food? This is another issue that Americans will have to face up to. Corporate farmers are polluting our world and serving up food from diseased animals. Our food is so strongly laced with antibiotics that they are breeding new strains of drug-resistant diseases. The corporate farmers are slowly killing us. Have a nice day!