Pathetic is what it is.  Vista was a failure in marketing, not in the tech
itself.  Windows mobile, especially since the release of the iPhone, is
pathetic in the technological sense.  In the idea of scrunching up windows
desktop platform into a tiny little device, this is where
it's...pathetic-ness lies.  I read a lot of hardware reviews of mobile
devices, the hardware usually is stunning, especially what HTC is putting
out, and then I read windows mobile os...ugh.

I have five days and counting till my htc hero arrives.  I can't wait, I
feel like it's Christmas.  I really can't recall being this excited about
any other single device I was planning on buying.  The WM team is planning a
revamp on it's OS, they will create a zune like interface, which on the
surface is very nice, but what about when you get into the OS a little
deeper?  Is it still that god-awful WM of old?  WM needs a complete rewrite
from zero.  We shall see.