On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 7:27 PM, mike <xha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Either the press is incompetent or there are no WFBs since they seem to not
> be able to find any even at a ms opening. Or both.

  Microsoft, and attendant Windows computers are so ubiquitous that it
is not hard to understand why there would be little interest in a
store dedicated to that line of products.  Microsoft, et al, already
enjoy near total market saturation, so why would there be much hoopla
amongst the public for yet another place to buy what you can see and
buy in just about any computer or department store?  Apple, however,
is another piece of cake.  It is harder to find their products in
stores, particularly their computers, thus a reason for the popularity
of stores dedicated to products associated with the Apple name.

  I'd give the MS stores a couple of years or so on life support and
then, poof, they'll be gone, victimized by too much competition from
so many other stores that carry the same stuff.  I think that the
public basically yawns when it comes to trying to get excited about
Windows stuff if for no other reason than the fact it is so all
enveloping to the point of being trite and tiresome.

  Steve