BTW, how does the touch do this with no cellular antenna?  Think it WiFi to
get your location.

On Oct 28, 2009 6:29 AM, "tjpa" <t...@tjpa.com> wrote:

On Oct 27, 2009, at 10:55 PM, mike wrote: > > What is a real gps? I am
assuming you mean the iPhone ...
The iPod uses triangulation based on cell phone towers with known locations.
I think this depends on getting a signal from at least 3 towers. This is
better in urban areas where cell towers are plentiful and line of site to
satellites is too often blocked. Advice to backwoods droids is to simply
move.