I've been able to send texts from my computer for a long time. From Thunderbird or any email client or online, the address is [phone #] @ [cellular provider].

What I can't do is receive SMS texts. I'm looking for an app [computer or iPhone or Symbian or Android] that lets me receive the text messages without having to switch to email. Is there a way to _receive_ an incoming text without using email? Or is there a program that receives the email and treats it like an incoming text message to the sender?

Betty

mike <xha...@gmail.com> escribió:

mydigitallife.info/2008/07/16/send-free-sms-text-messages-from-iphone-and-ipod-touch-via-aim-and-ichat/

That might be a good start for you.