On Nov 8, 2009, at 5:21 PM, David K Watson wrote:
No, I think it was only Exchange support and some of the new
MobileMe web apps that they had extended problems with when
Apple was transitioning from .Mac to MobileMe.  Mail, storage
and syncing went almost completely unaffected and have
remained so.  Apple's failures were with new features that no
one had yet come to rely on, unlike the Google, Sidekick and
R.I.M. failures.  Apple paid handsomely for its problems in rolling
out new features by giving MobileMe customers 90 days free.
But the bad server administration of those few new things
apparently put Tom off MobileMe for everything.

No. I think Apple has a long history of screwing up online services. The switch from dot Mac was clumsy and left customers high and dry when services they depended on were discontinued with very little notice. This bad management goes all the way back to the early days, eWorld users were all dumped with not much more than 30 days notice. I just don't trust Apple in this arena.