Quoting mike <xha...@gmail.com>:

I wrongly muddied the issue by bringing up the two drives, this is the
context in which I found the problem.  So I'll restart to be clear.

I have a drive in which when I manually open folder XYZ it shows me 13
files.  When I get properties on the folder it says there are 18 files
inside the folder.  HIdden files are shown, that I am sure.

There is also an option to show *system* files that is different from the "Show Hidden Files". Are you sure you've got that one unchecked? You can tell by looking at your desktop. There will be two system files that show there if you unhide system files. One will be desktop.ini. I don't remember what the other one is.