Not at all a bigot.  The point is there is a choice, Tom likes to pretend
there isn't.  That you only give up things by getting a pc, the point is you
give up things getting a mac too..like cash.

His comment was that 'macs are priced similarly to pc's', this was incorrect
by no small measure.  I get sick of his FUD.  I never said you get nothing
for that 700 dollars, indeed you do get a lot if what you get gives you
peace of mind.  For some, like me who build their own systems all the time,
the extra money is not worth it by any measure.  You bring up MS, you could
also buy that cyberpower laptop and put ubuntu on it.

Apple has a great space in which they control with great authority.  That
control comes at a price as noted in another thread.  If your app is not
approved by the Apple guys, you are not getting on the iphone.  Android has
a similiar process except for one big part...if you get denied you can post
the app yourself and anyone can still download and install it with the
warning 'this was not approved by the market place, do you want to
continue?'  Why yes, I do want to continue because I like choice and freedom
to make my own decisions.