On Nov 29, 2009, at 4:50 PM, mike wrote:
But I think the basic point I was tyring to make was made, there are high end quality made machines for linux or windows that don't cost as much as
macs.

And my point, which has now been amply demonstrated, is that this is a bunch of crap. A myth perpetrated by dishonest M$ ads, WFB blather, and M$ press minions.

And we still have the original post. Quick, efficient service from Apple vs. wretched treatment by the PC vendor.

I guess we could look at the CyberPower user comments...

"Apart from the system being on back-order for a month, all went well. There are a few things odd though, such as that I cannot turn off the fan lights on my case with the case's on/off fan lights switch. They must have missed that when they were wiring the case to the motherboard. I haven't had time to fix that myself yet. Another thing that comes to mind is that with the professional wiring, they bundled a bunch of cables right in front of the Radean HD 5870 shroud's air- intake. I had to wiggle stuff around to clear that."

"The computer was fairly beaten up during shipping, I'm unsure if this was a problem with the packing or with the company handling the system during transit. The computer has a USB device overcurrent error on boot at present, which prevents me from commenting on the quality of the product."

"the computer arrived (a little later than I would have loved) and the side panel fan was not plugged in, it had an adapter on it that I couldn't find where it plugged too? it was supposed to be a varialble speed fan setup, but I cannot find where it's adjustable? no instructions on that feature included."

"need to teach your sales staff a better overall attitude; I purchased a $5000.00 system and person in other end didnt sound like he gave a flying F***"

Yes Mike, this sounds just like Apple. Ha ha.