Quoting Jordan <jor17...@gmail.com>:

By the way, if you go to System Preferences-Accounts and click on Login
Items, you can see what's loading at startup and add or remove programs.

Thanks. That's good to know. I'm sure I ran across it at some point while I was looking around the System Preferences window.

I don't know a specific answer to the shortcuts question, but I think I
read that more of this capability was added to Snow Leopard.

Cool. My Mini came with X.6 (X.5 installed and a disk for X.6) and after I get done playing around for a while, I'm going to wipe the system and install it.

Again, in System Preferences, take a look at the Keyboard and Mouse
section and click on Keyboard Shortcuts.

I've looked through there and didn't see anything obvious. I'll look through there again.