Hi I rinally (for the first time) reformatted my HDD on my Dell Dimension E510.

The procedure went surprisingly well, and I THOUGHT I had gathered all the software, drivers, etc., taht I needed. However, somebody said the drivers would be on the ereformat drive so I wasn't very careful about that I fear!

So I can't find the proper sound card driver -- well, I apparently had it because the sound worked for a couple days but then I downloaded Service Pack 2 and now I have a couple issues: There is no sound. I've double checked to be sure the speakers are plugged in and I've looked at the Device Panel to see that my "IDE High Definition CODEC" has a yellow question mark and when I check it, I'm told that the device cannot start (Code 10). The troubleshooter wants me to uninstall it let the system reinstall it it seems to think all will be well. So I did that and it sstill doesn't work. Upon the "found new hardware" I'm asked for a disk and then we go back to grund zero.

I have to suspect that this came about with the installation of Service Pack 2. And I have two other issues (that i had on my machine before the reformat) which are two error messages at atartup, having to do with my DLINK router that I use to access the Internet through my Comcast Modem. The messages are: AIRGCFG.EXE NOT FOUND (WLANAPI.DLL). The other one is WZCSLDR2.EXE -- driver not found in wlanapi.dll. Those two issues (and a couple more) occurred before the reformat after I onstalled Service Pack 2 on the machine a few months ago. No users except myself are in my little "network"- on the desktop and the laptop.

So long as it's not hurting anything these latter two annoyances can stay but I really need to see what I can do to restore sound to my system.

One of the reasona I wanted to reformat the HDDD was so I could get my Media Center up and running again and then watch TV through my Hauppauge USB Box. When iI first got this machine 3 years ago it worked beautifully but , sometime around the time I installed Service Pack 2, it stopped working, Of course until I can get sound it seems silly to test to see if I can get the TV to work NOW THAT i HAVE REFORMATTED THE DRIVE SO so I haven't done that yet.

Any help/advaice/ etc you can provide will be MUCH appreciated. I'm eager to get this finished so I can get on with Christmas!

Warmest regards,
Gail Miller