Thanks to all that made suggestions. I ran AIDA 32 (Similar to Belarc) on the Toshiba and it reported the drive as being "Ultra ATA". A quick Google search on the model number told me that it is a Hitachi SATA drive, so I'm confident there.

I'm not so worried about cloning the drive. It's time for a wipe due to strange problems that I'll relate in a separate thread. I figure it would be a good time to get more space for dual booting.

Hitachi says it's a 9.5mm thick drive. I was going to get an enclosure for it, but it looks like 9mm is the "standard"(?). Is that the case, and if so, will a half mm make that much difference? Looks like it's about 3/128th of an inch. Guess that depends on how tight the enclosure is. (-: