On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Tony B <ton...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a very misleading subject line, as we have no evidence or
> indication that this data was stored in a cloud. Thus we also have no
> evidence it was a failure of cloud storage that caused information
> loss.
>
> I just worry a couple of the luddites on the list will actually
> reference this event in the future. "Remember that poor lady that lost
> her entire classmates.com account to a cloud?".

  First off, it was never said that any "entire Classmates.com
account" was lost.  It was only noted that some data that was
deposited at and accessed by users of Classmates.com disappeared.

  What do you mean by the phrase "evidence or indication that this
data was stored in a cloud"?  Do you think either I or she was lying
about this situation?

  Steve