It's this kind of sloppy writing that makes the rest of us have to
learn useless new words. I've never in my life heard the word
"wireline" before today, and really can't see the need when "landline"
works so well. Unless maybe we're talking about wired lines in the
air? Even underwater lines lay on the ground.

Apparently this comes from someone at the Justice Department. God
knows where they heard it.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/04/AR2010010403062.html?wpisrc=nl_tech