phartz...@gmail.com wrote:
On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Sue Cubic <scu...@earthlink.net> wrote:

Shutter lag is a problem with my Nikon Coolpix.  But I bought it in 2001, so
I can't complain too much.  I've had much fun with it over the years.

  Shutter lag can be compensated for in many instances by switching to
manual focus, setting and holding the exposure required for a given
scene, and using a small aperture so as to be able to keep a lot of
the subject matter in focus if there are some distance changes.  One
should then be able to fire away without having to wait of the camera
to reset itself for each shot.

  Steve

Small point-and-shoot cameras, those the size of a deck of cards, do not have the ability to focus manually nor do they have aperture-priority mode.

Shutter lag has improved some with these cameras, but the newest models still have a significant delay as well as digital SLR cameras.