On Feb 20, 2010, at 1:30 AM, Eric S. Sande wrote:
OK, for a FiOS level network that can be leveraged as technology improves with a 15-20 year time horizon, probably at least $300B. Based on our best projections we're going to spend at least $35B in our footprint, which is
basically now the East coast corridor and parts of TX, CA, and FL.

The Interstate Highway System is pegged at $425 billion in 2006 dollars. So you are saying the unrolling fiber costs almost as much as building a 6 lane national highway system?

I feel compelled to ask: what portion of the $300B is allocated to bonuses for fat cat top management?