The Interstate Highway system would cost a hell of a lot more than nowadays.

The typical cost of a mile of road right now (state level) is pegged at 1 million a mile.

That does not include bridges or other specialty work.

Running fiber means having to buy right of ways, underground drilling (which costs more than above ground mounting, but that also costs space on poles which are about maxed out) plus other ancillary costs.

The fat cats only get their pay outs if it pays off.

Not every corporation is as bad as the financial sector which seems to be the worst.

How much did Jobs make last year Tom?

I am not saying I agree with what most executives make, neither do I agree with what most pro sports participants make either, but the real cost for doing something as big as Fiber is expensive.

10 years ago I had to have a 40 foot section of fiber optic cable fixed. Cost was about $200 or more.

Unless things have changed dramatically Fiber is still one of the most expensive mediums around to build out. It is still one of the best, but that comes at a price.

By the way Tom one simple question. Are worth what you get paid? Or are you drawing down an inflated salary?

Stewart