At 10:18 PM 2/20/2010, Steve <phartz...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 9:21 PM, John Duncan Yoyo <johnduncany...@gmail.com> wrote:

What it isn't correct that the district was CLAIMING that it was using the camera for? I think not.

Well, yeah, the school said that the only intended purpose for any remote viewing was to help them retrieve stolen or lost laptops, but that was not what they were doing.

I was sort of waiting for this very thing to come up, here. I'm also on 2400 Fulton, the Jefferson Airplane list, and this case is there being much and hotly discussed. Almost immediately, after the thread was begun there, one listmember (from England, actually) suggested that some adult male school administrator or faculty member was deliberately and intentionally using the webcam so as to catch some teenage girl in this or that state of undress.

     Creep-O-Rama!

The Orwellian implications of this case (I assume everyone here has read Eric Arthur Blair's "1984") have so infuriated one Fulton listmember (a Memphis attorney) that he is ready to put the entire school staff, with the possible exception of the ladies in the cafeteria, in front of a firing squad.

     "Ain't no fun in Room 101."

               Bob

I'm on the case, from outer space!

OK