I haven't seen it, but perhaps you have..a definitive statement that the
school thought the laptop was in fact stolen?  I keep seeing vague things
like 'security was used in case it was missing or stolen', but never that in
this case they had turned it on because of that.  And again, if it was
stolen by this kid why was only the 'drugs' brought up to the parents?