A bit smug, Chris.  This bites my company big-time, which has not yet
migrated from XP (about 100,000 users).  I doubt it will until sometime
in 2011.  That is when 4TB drives (3.5-inch FF) will be available;
beyond Window's BIOS addressing capability.

It also affects Windows Server 2003.  Until M$ frees itself from its
30-year old tech standards, such as its BIOS, it will only have
work-arounds, such as READ-Modify-Write (RWM).  All that does is
increase write times and error rates.

No OS X OS has this problem, and that goes back to a similar point in
time.

Thank you,
Mark Snyder