I was just catching up on some of the technology videos at the NY Times site:
http://video.nytimes.com/video/playlist/technology/1194811622271/index.html
I think it was the video of their 2nd day of CES coverage where they had a guy talking about a new Garmin unit that can communicate with a device they will sell that will plug into the car's computer. The Garmin GPS would then be able to display various data that the computer is seeing.