Geez, give a little consideration to the context why don't you?

The iPad is obviously a computer in the sense of being a device
with a processor whose primary purpose is to manipulate data.

Sometimes though, when we say computer we specifically mean
a desktop or laptop, and not the more general sense.  Given all
the electrons pushed around describing the iPad as a new category
of device, it's plainly this second sense that is meant, and Tom's
comment that it is a mistake to think of the iPad as a computer
makes perfect sense.

Have you missed all the discussion as to how the iPad is not intended
to be a laptop replacement?