t.piwowar escribió:

On Apr 14, 2010, at 12:52 PM, b_s-wilk wrote:

    Useless!

My thoughts exactly. Only the object of our frustration differs.

Do you have a source for data comparison of device tuners for current TVs, converters, DVD recorders, comparing them for consumers to decide which one to purchase? The report doesn't direct us to that kind of information.

We need to have good data on the boxes. I can compare headphones--all that information is in the specs. I can compare cars, radios/receivers, linens, but not TV tuners. Specs for tuners tell us about product dimensions, channel range and which cables can be connected, but nothing about how well the tuner picks up local and distant stations.

The report tells us in 200 pages how last year's converter boxes fared. We're still waiting for comparison data in plain English to help us choose the device with the best range, reception, reliability, etc., on a few easy to read pages.

And you're frustrated about...