>my promo fios ran its' course.  so, since i had a really lot of time to waste,
>i tried to renew online.  i cannot renew on line, as i am an existing
>customer.  all packages on line are promo packages and are for new customers.

for the "triple play"(tv,computer, telephone), the telephone person gave me 3
options .  lo,mid,hi:$120,130, and 145.  two year package, with a $360 pro
rated early cancellation penalty.   i had a $110 cost for the middle package.
the mid pack is 5/20 up/down.  the hi pack was 30/30.  big push (lots of sales
ups) to get me to get that wonderful speed.  after starting on acoustical
modems, 5/20 seems pretty fast to me.

they will not show in writing what is in any of the packages.  they will not
show in writing what is in the cancellation package(that's  360 bucks).  i got
some verbal stuff, but did not tape it, and do not believe they would honor it
, anyway.

i had received a letter from verizon notifying me that my 130 promo mid package
was expiring, and going from 110 to 120.  this has no cancel penalty.  so i
took the mid package at 120.

i received an email conformation that i have renewed.  my new mid pack is $125.

i just got a hard copy promo letter from Comcast for their "triple play" for
$99.  anyone have this package?  any ideas what is in the package in the way of
speeds and feeds and HD channels?

REGARDS

jerry
gerald slawecki