On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 9:49 AM, David K Watson
<davidkirkwat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 25, 2011, at 12:00 AM, b_s-wilk <b1sun...@yahoo.es>  wrote:
>
>> These examples are the best reasons to NEVER buy software at an app
>> store where it's automatically installed, overwriting the last version.
>> The worst bugs are always in the automatic installs, and they're harder
>> to clean up, too.
>

> Even most non-App Store apps don't automatically update themselves.
> For the most part, they tell me that an update is available and give
> me the option of upgrading immediately or postponing the update.

  I think that the point was that the app store automatically
INSTALLED the update, thereby overwriting the version being updated,
not that the app store automatically UPDATED the application without
input from the end user.

  I absolutely prefer to download an updated version of any
application and install it "alongside" the older version.  That allows
me to test the new version to ensure it works properly before I
consider deleting the older one.  That approach has saved me
considerable grief and a lot of time on a number of occasions.

  Steve

**   THIS LIST HAS MOVED TO YAHOO    **
**  PLEASE JOIN THE DISCUSSION THERE **
**   Info at http://www.cguys.org/   **