[+concordance-devel]

Michael Frase wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> now I have collected all data you requested. I have also done a firmware
> upgrade from v2.6 to v3.0.

So I've been digging through these tonight. There's some odd things:

1. The official software doesn't seem to read the config (GetIdentity)
during a firmware upgrade, although it reads some address 0x200010 which we
don't have listed as any sort of useful address. I don't understand that.

2. Doing a diff of the data we write during the WRITE FLASH DATA commands,
all goes well for a while, and then all of a sudden, we differ... but the
point at which we start differing is a line where we send less data than
windows.

More interesting, it's at the end of the first WRITE FLASH batch.
Instinctively that makes me think there's something wrong with the write
loop in WriteFlash()... but if that was true writing 880 firmware would also
fail.

3. The official software writes much bigger chunks than we do. It shouldn't
make a difference, but just for the hell of it I'll fire off a patch to
Michael to bump it to what the software uses.

--
Phil Dibowitz                             p...@ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Never write it in C if you can do it in 'awk';
 Never do it in 'awk' if 'sed' can handle it;
 Never use 'sed' when 'tr' can do the job;
 Never invoke 'tr' when 'cat' is sufficient;
 Avoid using 'cat' whenever possible" -- Taylor's Laws of Programming