>=20
> However, lsusb shows nothing:
>> lsusb
> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 =20

Have you tried this as root?

> Does this sound familiar? How does congruity check for the usb connecti=
on=20
> (stracing the process didn't reveal it). is the remote broken?

Are you either doing it as root, or do you have the proper udev setup to =
not
require root for this device? If you are doing it as root, do a "concorda=
nce
-i -v" as root to get some debug info.

When you get the device descriptor error is there, I would imagine that
things aren't going to work well, but when you don't get that error thing=
should work.

As a final debugging note, if it's not the root thing, USB can be funny
about a lot of things - if you're going through a USB hub, try going
directly to the host's USB adapter.

If none of that works, I'd be suspicious of the remote or the cable.

--=20
Phil Dibowitz                             p...@ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Never write it in C if you can do it in 'awk';
 Never do it in 'awk' if 'sed' can handle it;
 Never use 'sed' when 'tr' can do the job;
 Never invoke 'tr' when 'cat' is sufficient;
 Avoid using 'cat' whenever possible" -- Taylor's Laws of Programming