On 07/20/2010 12:59 AM, Phil Dibowitz wrote:
> So I've written a patch to port libconcord over to libusb 1.0.
>
> However, I mostly did it just as an exercise to see the differences. It is
> unclear to me if this is the right route to go.
>
> The benefits are:
> * 1.0 is actively developed and used
> * Using 1.0 makes the code cleaner and easier to read
> * The debugging in 1.0 is nicer
> * 0.1 won't get any development other than major bugfixes (probably not an
> issue for us)
> * It's *possible* libusb-1.0 works better on mac than 0.1. I'm not sure.

Oh! I forgot another benefit which I consider a big one:

* We won't conflict with other libusb apps anymore. So if someone is running
SANE for their scanner and wants to turn on libusb debug, it won't affect
concordance's output. libusb 1.0 uses an opaque context object to track this
stuff.

--
Phil Dibowitz                             p...@ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
 and those who matter don't mind."
 - Dr. Seuss