On Tue, 7 May 2013, Phil Dibowitz wrote:

>>> Anyway, as of this point, it compiles, but I'm on a laptop in an airport and
>>> have no idea if it actually works... someone wanna try this (in Linux, it's
>>> not yet ready for Mac), and lemme know how it goes?

OK, I tried the patch.  It doesn't work, unfortunately.  :(

[talbert@easel concordance]$ ./concordance -iv
Concordance 1.0
Copyright 2007 Kevin Timmerman and Phil Dibowitz
This software is distributed under the GPLv3.

ERROR: Couldn't initializing libconcord: Error connecting or finding the
remote
NOTE: if you recently plugged in your remote and you have a newer remote,
you
may need to wait a few additional seconds for your remote to be fully
connected.

I didn't have time to look into why, yet.

> Yup. Even the libusb people recommend it. It's built to be easily
> distributed with your software, so we can do that if we want... but I'm
> not all that concerned, a bunch of people started distributing libzzip
> when we started using it. Libs get packaged when packages need them.

Speaking of libzzip, it can't create zip files, so I was looking to use
libzip to do that (for MH config dumping).  Do you think we should just
switch to libzip for everything and only use one zip library?