On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 09:17:42AM -0400, Scott Talbert wrote:

> >> I'll give it a try later.  It *might* be a problem with hidapi itself, as
> >> I couldn't get their test program to see a remote either (with the hidraw
> >> version).
> >
> > Had a chance to try it?
>
> Yeah.  I think for the hidraw version, we would need a kernel change in
> order to get the hidraw devices created.  So, that's probably not the best
> option at least in the short term.
>
> So, as far as using the patch with the libusb version, there was still a
> bit of work to do.  :)  There were a few crashes to fix, and some of the
> function calls were not quite right.  But after fiddling with it for a
> bit, I've at least got it sort of talking to remotes now.  There is
> something still not quite right, though - the messages that I'm seeing
> returned in debug are a little off.
>
> If you want, I can send you my changes, or I can try to keep working on
> it?

Wow, thanks! I was just expecting the debug output. :)

Whichever you prefer. I do have a little downtime, but if you have it somewhat
working, I guess it's hard for me to develop and not have a remote handy.

I am curious what I got wrong in the general find-and-attach-a-remote part
though.

--
Phil Dibowitz                             p...@ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
 and those who matter don't mind."
 - Dr. Seuss