http://us.click.yahoo.com/EA3HyD/3MnJAA/79vVAA/GSaulB/TM

      1. Re: Help: Arabic fonts for Turklangs
           From: Tim May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      2. Re: Future English
           From: "Pascal A. Kramm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      3. OT: My gratitudes
           From: Isaac Penzev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      4. OT: Re: Intergermansk - Traveller's Phrasebook
           From: "Thomas R. Wier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
      5. Re: Word usage in English dialects // was Slang, curses and vulgarities
           From: "Thomas R. Wier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 14:15:55 +0000
   From: Tim May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Help: Arabic fonts for Turklangs

Geoff Horswood wrote at 2005-02-06 03:02:21 (-0500)
 > Hi!
 >
 > Does anyone know where I can lay my hands on any of the modified
 > Arabic (modified Farsi??) fonts that are used for writing Turkic
 > languages like Kazakh, Kyrghyz and Uighur in NW China?  Or a font
 > for the old Arabic script of Turkish from before the Ataturk
 > reforms?  I'm wondering about using an Arabic script for Franj.
 >
 > Cheers,
 >
 > Geoff

If it's simply a matter of being able to display Arabic script with
the extended characters used in those languages, that's easily done.
You just need a Unicode font that supports those characters in the
Arabic range.  If you actually want a font in an appropriate style for
e.g. Ottoman Turkish, that might take a little more searching (and I
don't know enough about Arabic calligraphy to help you).

Either way, a good place to start is

http://www.travelphrases.info/fonts.html

Message: 2