1a. Re: Cor ad Cor Loquetur
    From: Samuel Stutter

2a. Re: Oligosynthesis
    From: Jörg Rhiemeier

3a. Re: Norwegian word frequency chart
    From: Lee

1a. Re: Cor ad Cor Loquetur
    Posted by: "Samuel Stutter" sam.stut...@student.manchester.ac.uk
    Date: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:55 am ((PDT))

In Nauspayr:

Båån åbljěh bååneq.
(heart speak<present-still><declarative><3-person-singular, J-class-
noun, irregular-type-"C"> heart<dative>)

(And now, new and improved, the debut of:) 1st Generation Future
Mancunian:

Ërh spÿk h ërh, mēh.
(heart speak to heart <honorific>)

Sam

On 21 Sep 2010, at 13:38, Mechthild Czapp wrote:

> In Rejistanian, this would be:
>
> Demna'het mi'visko demna'het'han
> soul 3S-speak soul-ALL.
>
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 11:00:51 +0100
>> Von: Peter Bleackley <peter.bleack...@rd.bbc.co.uk>
>> An: conl...@listserv.brown.edu
>> Betreff: Cor ad Cor Loquetur
>
>> On Sunday, I was at Cofton Park in Birmingham, to attend the Mass
>> of the
>> Beatification of Blessed John Henry Cardinal Newman. In honour of the
>> occasion, I'd like to propose the Cardinal's motto, "cor ad cor
>> loquetur" (Heart speaks unto heart) as a translation excercise.
>>
>> Khangaþyagon
>>
>> yagi sadre sadreakh
>>
>> yag-  i sadre sadre- akh
>> speak 3 heart heart  recipient
>>
>> iljena
>>
>> ibreta birat
>> spirit-speak spirit-listen
>>
>> Pete
>
> --
> Sanja'xen mi'lanja'kynha ,mi'la'ohix'ta jilih, nka.
>
> My life would be easy if it was not so hard!
>

> GRATIS: Spider-Man 1-3 sowie 300 weitere Videos!
> Jetzt freischalten! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome

2a. Re: Oligosynthesis
    Posted by: "Jörg Rhiemeier" joerg_rhieme...@web.de
    Date: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:27 am ((PDT))

Hallo!

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 15:39:02 -0400, Dana Nutter wrote:

>  On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 2:17 PM, R A Brown<r...@carolandray.plus.com>  wrote:
>
>  >>  [snip]
>  >>  create usefull words.  If you really want to see an oligosynthetic
>  >>  language with one of the most insane set of primes, check out Ygyde.
>  >
>  >  I've just been looking - it's confirmed my aversion to ologosynthesis!
>
>  Don't let one poor design sour you on the whole idea.  It's something
>  that can be kind of fun to play with, especially seeing just how small
>  you can make the set of primes without reducing it down to some
>  unintelligible binary code.

Certainly, one badly done oligolang such as Ygyde is no reason to
ditch oligosynthesis over all, but actually, many oligosynthetic
languages have similar problems.  That, though, still does not
mean that the idea was doomed, or not even worth experimenting
with.  The art in designing an oligosynthetic conlang lies to a
great part in choosing a good set of basic concepts; and I feel
that you always need an escape mechanism in your language to allow
for proper names and similar kinds of words.

--
... brought to you by the Weeping Elf

3a. Re: Norwegian word frequency chart
    Posted by: "Lee" waywardwre...@yahoo.com
    Date: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:09 am ((PDT))

Lars is probably the resident expert, given the .no TLD in
his email address. Should he wish to take on the task is up to him, of
course.

Meanwhile, I can give it a try, but it will be awhile before I am done as I am
in the middle of acquiring the language enough to have basic conversation. (Jeg
lærer norsk!) I hope to be fluent enough for simple conversation with distant
relatives who will be visiting soon. (De reiser fra Norge. De snakker engelsk,
men jeg vil gjerne snakker norsk med dem på familieselskap.)

(How'd I do, Lars?)

Lee