As always, Marty makes perfectly good sense (unlike the California
procedure :) )   Another question:  What happens re the lieutenant
governorship if Butamante were to become governor.  Is it vacant?  And who
succeeds if something happens to the Governor while the lieutenant
governorship is vacant?  (Does the lieutenant governor have to be a
Californian?  What if Bustamante pledges to name Bill Clinton to the
vacancy (assuming the governor has that power)?  I know this is silly, but....

sandy