Dear Paul,

        Perhaps academics are not "invested" in a recall election.  But to the extent this revision of the California election of Gov. Davis is of a pattern with the unprecedented redistrictings, and with the recently re-energized push for state "tort reform" to strip trial lawyers of power to contribute to the Democrats, and it appears we are looking at a more dynamic than known heretofore attempt to entrench the party in power.

Louise