well i;m outdated on this - thanks.

a funny thing - on an aol poll which asked whether or not the do not call list violates free _expression_ 90 percent of respondents said yes.

While I recognise these folks aren't legal scholars I wonder whether some of the cases have taken us a pretty far way from common sense.

I also worry about whether we will begin to have a duty to answer calls.  I personally have no problem not returning unsolicited calls (personal or commercial) or if I pick up the telephone and find someone I don't want to talk to on the other end merely hanging up; but it seems that there is some expectation  that this will not happen.

Are you aware of any case law that goes in this direction?