Speaking purely for myself, I would recommend that they adopt 4, 6, 7, and
8 on Sandy's list. I'm agnostic on 5. 3 seems undesirable, while 1 doesn't
make sense in a society with a different political structure from the US
(however, I would retain the basic idea of supermajority requirements for
amendments). Some version of 7 is particularly
desirable in a society where some religoius groups might otherwise oppress
others. According to some news reports, Iraqi Shiite leaders actually
recongize this point and do want a substantial degree of Church-state
separation.

Sandy doesn't mention it, but I think that the Iraqis would also be wise
to adopt a system of decentralized federalism, given that there are many
minority groups (e.g. - the Kurds), which are regionally concentrated.
Allowing each group to in effect rule its own federal enclave reduces the
chance of ethnic oppression and diminishes the likelihood of interethnic
violence. For this and other reasons, Iraq might actual benefit from
adopting a higher degree of decentralization than exists under the US
constitution.

Bicameralism and the veto are also relevant in this context, because they
effectively create a supermajority requirement for adopting legislation.
This is of considerable value in a highly divided society as it reduces
the chance of adopting laws that benefit one ethnic or other faction at
the expense of others. Obviously, it is possible that there are other
supermajority mechanisms that would work better in Iraq than
bicameralism/veto but this one is at least a reasonably good model.

I do agree with Sandy's implied point that there are elements of the US
constitution that are archaic and/or undesirable for other reasons. But I
don't think there are as many such provisions as he believes.