This is a good point, but not necessarily a decisive one. The central
government might do few things, but some of those few might be very
important. In the case of the Iraqi Kurds, one of those few will surely be
national defense, and the Kurds know that they are likely to be safer with
defense by the central government, than if they have face Turkey, Iran,
Syria, et al., alone. Bicameralism, the veto, etc., may reduce the AMOUNT
of legislation that gets passed, but the legislation that does get passed
is likely to be broadly supported by a wide range of groups and perhaps
highly valued by them.

At the same time, the fact that the Kurds would have a strong ability to
impede the adoption of central govt legislation hostile to their interests
should diminish their incentive to try to secede.

As to what the Iraqi constitution (or any constitution) should say about
secession, I think that is a tough question with strong arguments for both
sides. I incline to the view that constitutions for highly diverse
societies should allow secession in limited circumstances, but I don't
have the time and space to fully defend that conclusion here (nor am I
even close to 100% sure that it is in fact the right conclusion).

Ilya Somin