From: Lynne Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:37:04 -0700
Subject: Re: Fw: to condemn Matthew Shepard, Pastor plans monument for City Park

I agree, Marci, there is a kind of "serves them right" flavor here--but assume that it
wasn't  the Ten Commandments, or that they had allowed the Decalogue, and a war
memorial with a statement from a private group, and one or two other things . . .
.like a Santa Claus (sorry)
The article does say that the Eagles have offered to take the Ten Commandments
back/out of the park, thereby savingthe city's face.  I guess I just got "emotional"
knowing that I couldn't figure out a way to prevent the installation otherwise, and
was hoping someone who knows far more than I might have a way to prevent the--dare I
say it?--  hateful  and hate-filled, permanent message (to distinguish his rants
outside St Mark's during the funeral, or a march through Casper, or whatever)
Thanks
Lynne