How about Macon... from Mac[hinery] + con[nection]. A small city, also a dirigible airship.

-- Jack Krupansky

From: "Grant Ingersoll" <gsing...@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 6:46 AM
To: <connectors-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: About name change

Apache Manifold is growing on me. And/or Apache Manifold CF or Apache Manifold Conn. Framework.

Has a nice short name, easy to pronounce, doesn't require funky acronyms and from Webster's: "Machinery . a chamber having several outlets through which a liquid or gas is distributed or gathered." -- http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Manifold

Paraphrased, it's a a chamber having several outlets through which bits are gathered and distributed.

-Grant