The hsqldb configuration used by multiprocess-example is an external
hsqldb database.  It does not require the
org.apache.manifoldcf.hsqldbdatabasepath property.  If you want to try
out the multiprocess example, take the following steps:

(1) In one shell prompt, start the database: "start-database.bat/.sh"
(2) In another shell prompt, initialize the database: "initialize.bat/.sh"
(3) When that is done, start the agents proces: "start-agents.bat/.sh"

Thanks,
Karl