Hi Karl,

I tried modifying the test code as you suggested.

When I tried with empty credentials

NtlmPasswordAuthentication pa = new NtlmPasswordAuthentication("","","");
SmbFile smbconnection = new SmbFile("smb://" + "lon-data-arx.global.arup.com"
+ "/" + "stg-jobs$",pa);

I got the same exception as before

*Exception in thread "main" jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: Logon failure:
unknown us
er name or bad password.
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.checkStatus(SmbTransport.java:546)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:663)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:390)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:218)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:176)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.doConnect(SmbFile.java:911)*

When I tried with NtlmPasswordAuthentication.ANONYMOUS

SmbFile smbconnection = new SmbFile("smb://" + "lon-data-arx.global.arup.com"
+ "/" + "stg-jobs$",NtlmPasswordAuthentication.ANONYMOUS);

I got a different exception

*Exception in thread "main" jcifs.smb.SmbException: Incorrect function.
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.checkStatus(SmbTransport.java:563)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:663)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:316)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:218)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:176)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.doConnect(SmbFile.java:911)

*Thanks and Regards,
Swapna.*        *