On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Daniel Wagner
<daniel.wag...@bmw-carit.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Finally, here [1] is the first open source component out of the GENIVI
> Alliance. It is only a proof of concept. And of course it is not
> finished in anyway.
>
> At this point it provides only the base on wich I try to prototyp the
> automotive way of connection management. Whatever that means :)
>
> In other words this is just the beginning of the project.

Hi Daniel!

Some nitpicking questions:
   - why config is in XML and why does it duplicates some data that is
stored in connman and ofono? I'd rather use simple pickle if it is
meant to be always in Python, or ini-like format as allowed by the
ConfigFile python module, it would be more in sync with connman :-)
    - why pygtk? it is ugly, particularly for IVI (you're trying to
make it bit better by using oxygen icons... ;-))! Would you consider
using Python-EFL if I can find someone to help you with it? We have
nice examples of it for touchscreen and similar devices (BlueMaemo
[1,2,3], Canola [4] Memphis [5,6])

[1] http://neei.uevora.pt/~vdv/bluemaemo_ps3.png
[2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOTpmRKHTLY
[3] http://www.valeriovalerio.org/?cat=23