Hi Raghavendra,

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 05:04:15AM -0700, Raghavendra. S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have few doubts about connman and profile management.
>

>    1. Does connman supports MMS profiles?
No, this is not ConnMan's business. You will get more details about MMS
support from the oFono folks.

>    2. meego/moblin which uses connman, will they support add/delete profile?
>    if yes, can any body please tell me how this is done?
We will eventually support those but right now we don't.

>    3. I have scanned, saved passphrase and connected to an AP(say ssid -
>    linksys). Since connection is successfull, this will be saved in connman
>    profile. Now say for next 6-7 months I go to various places and I
>    connect/disconnect with many APs. Once again I am back to my old place and
>    want to connect to same AP (linksys). In this case will connman once again
>    ask for passphrase to connect with linksys AP?
No it won't ask for a passphrase for this AP. It doesn't matter for how long
you haven't connected to this AP, as long as you use the same default.profile
file.

>    4. since connman does not support wifi driver load/unload. And wifi
>    consumes power even when driver loaded and interface is down. How this is
>    handled in devices like mobiles which use meego/moblin?
This is not ConnMan's job to load or unload driver modules. ConnMan, through
wpa_supplicant, brings the WiFi interfaces up and down.
If your mobile platform's wifi HW is so bad that it still consumes a
significant amount of power while the driver's interface is down, then you're
having fundamental issues lower in the SW stack (driver, kernel, device's
firmware).

Cheers,
Samuel.

> --