On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 11:41 +0200, ext Bragge Henri wrote:
> > > +                 same format as configuration files, see
> > > +                 config-format.txt.
> > I think we talked about an XML file instead.
>
> In my opinion XML is overkill, and I'm afraid I wouldn't have time to
> implement it. String implementation would be easy after sharing some
> code from src/config.c.

Um, we had a chat with Marcel on #connman, and he specifically said
doc/config-format.txt was supposed to be used. The somewhat longish
dicussion ended like this January 18th:

(14:29:23) pfl: holtmann: so we can agree on doc/config-format.txt
specifying the content of eap configureation, a provisioning tool using
connman yet-to-be-done-dbus-api or while that's missing, write the file
directly to /var/lib/connman since connman does inotify on the dir?
(14:29:34) holtmann: You do wanna build your 802.1x configuration on
your PC at home and just import it.
(14:30:16) holtmann: pfl: I would go for something like this. One detail
would be to be able to include the certificates in the config file.
Which we do not support yet.

If you want to have another format, I'd suggest going with a (or the
above!) DBus API dict containing attribute/value pairs. Simplest to
parse, simplest to implement. I would not be too fond of yet another
configuration language in XML, as we already have doc/config-format.txt
anyway.

Cheers,

        Patrik