On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 12:00:36PM +0200, Patrik Flykt wrote:
> > > I think we talked about an XML file instead.
> >
> > In my opinion XML is overkill, and I'm afraid I wouldn't have time to
> > implement it. String implementation would be easy after sharing some
> > code from src/config.c.
>
> Um, we had a chat with Marcel on #connman, and he specifically said
> doc/config-format.txt was supposed to be used.
Ok, I missed that one.

> The somewhat longish
> dicussion ended like this January 18th:
>
> (14:29:23) pfl: holtmann: so we can agree on doc/config-format.txt
> specifying the content of eap configureation, a provisioning tool using
> connman yet-to-be-done-dbus-api or while that's missing, write the file
> directly to /var/lib/connman since connman does inotify on the dir?
> (14:29:34) holtmann: You do wanna build your 802.1x configuration on
> your PC at home and just import it.
> (14:30:16) holtmann: pfl: I would go for something like this. One detail
> would be to be able to include the certificates in the config file.
> Which we do not support yet.
>
> If you want to have another format, I'd suggest going with a (or the
> above!) DBus API dict containing attribute/value pairs. Simplest to
> parse, simplest to implement.
No, it was either config-format or an XML file. So let's go with
config-format.txt then.

> I would not be too fond of yet another
> configuration language in XML, as we already have doc/config-format.txt
> anyway.
In my view, an XML file would be simpler to distribute from a sysadmin point
of view. But here again, this is just speculation so let's go for the simpler
config-format path at first.

Cheers,
Samuel.

--